Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Adult B'nai Mitzvah

In 2011, nine Beth Emet adults came together with one purpose: to experience all that's involved in a B'nai Mitzvah: a life-cycle event we typically think of for young teens. On Saturday, November 10, 2012, these individuals celebrated their Adult B'nai Mitzvah. Listed below are some of the responses to the event:

"Thinking of all of you as I am still feeling the joy of our day yesterday. It was such a wonderful morning, standing with all of you as we accomplished our B'nai Mitzvah together. I could NOT have done it without the support, encouragement and inspiration of each of you. What will we do with all our "free time" now?"
--Sheryl Seef
 
"You are all a wonderful model and inspiration--your hard work, your inspiring words, and your enthusiastic and warm leading of the service--moved us all. Mazal Tov on a momentous accomplishment!  I'm proud to be your rabbi."
--Rabbi Andrea London
 
"I am on a bus in New York City headed to an educators' leadership meeting at HUC. My body is here but my mind and heart are with you. I was so inspired by your learning, commitment, and desire. You shined on your day. Mazal Tov to each of you. I look forward to learning with you again. What a privilege!"
--Marci Dickman
 
 
Honestly, last Saturday could qualify as one of the best days of my spiritual life.
--Ailsa Nielsen
 


No comments: